Here is our Christmas tree this year. If you ever spend time with Noah, or even look at some of the pictures of his activites of choice, you will know that a traditional Christmas Tree would not last long at our house. So we decided to make one that was off the ground, away from little fingers. This is what we came up with.
Brian and I went to Joann’s—Yes, Brian was inside a Joann’s actually looking around for ideas. I first thought of felt. I love felt. It was not on sale and the color that I liked was over $10 a yard. Also, Felt does not hold its shape when stretched. Fleece was on sale for $3 a yard. We found some nice green. For the lights I got some floss and off we went. Total price $8.
I cut the felt into five different levels and sewed them all onto bent hangers. I sewed on the details for the lights and placed the layers together. We first thought that hanging it by itself would be the best… it didn’t work. I couldn’t mold the metal the way I wanted it. Also it kept falling off the wall.
So I pulled out all the hangers and sewed them onto some cloth that has been around for years and attached it to a frame I got at a garage sale a few months ago and TA DA!! Our Christmas Tree. After sewing on our ordainments it was ready to hang up.
I am so excited about this because when Christmas is done the tree can be rolled up and put away till next year. And next year it will only take about 5 min to up the tree. Really, who can say that…. The Alaskan Ashton’s Can.
Merry Christmas
No comments:
Post a Comment