Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Craft Projects

I don’t know if it is because I am a stay at home mom or because I need something that I can look at and say I accomplished this and it stays that way (until it get destroyed).  The sense of accomplishment is hard to find in a house where the destroying angel follows me, and I mean that in a loving way.
So I have found a love for crafts that I didn’t have before.  FYI  I am that good but it fills the need none the less.

Food Bags

I am trying to use less plastic and more non toxic, reusable, earth friendly products.  Snack bags get used once and tossed out, not to mention Noah likes making a mess with them.  I looked online to purchase them and they are about $10 each.  So with my early Christmas present of a sewing machine, Thank you Brian, I can now make mine own.  So off to Joann’s I go. 
It is a small store but it fits most needs.  I look and look for the waterproof, food safe fabric that I need and guess what… there is not a demand for it.  They don’t even have diaper fabric.  I head home a little disappointed and search the internet trying to find some I can order online and have shipped to me.  I would have to buy $100 or more of it.  $10 each seems reasonable now doesn’t it.
So, I decide to make them out of the cloth I ready have at the house. I made it with a zipper to have easy safe access that was quiet.  I also put a bias tape loop on the corner to help little and big hands carry it. Although it is not waterproof on the inside, meaning I will still need plastic bags for a few things.  I have the bag I need to go from place to place. Now I am not the mom who forgot to bringt treats for her hungry child. 

Noah loves it.  He instantly knew what it was and hands it to me when he wants a treat at church or a friend’s house.
IMG_5740  IMG_5741

I decided that they were just way to cute to not share.  So I went to Joann’s and got some more fabric and made some for my friends. I hope they like them.

IMG_5742   IMG_5759


Crayon Art

This is something I made a few months ago.  I just love it.  it was super easy and really fun.  Here is how I did it.
Two small boxes of crayons
One Canvas
(I used painters tape to secure my crayons.  I would suggest hot glue. As you can see my crayons are no longer in a straight line and that really bugs me.)
Glue the Crayons on in the order you would like them to be.  Rainbow looks the best.  I tried many different patterns when planning it.  The next time I make one I will use more yellow and orange shades. It seems like blue and red are a little over powering to me.
Then HEAT. 
There are a few ways you can do this.  I used the oven which I really liked because it was so fast.  You can use a blow dryer or torch. 
And in 10 minutes you have a wonderful piece of art that everyone will love.


IMG_5747   IMG_5745
IMG_5749

Noah’s Painting

This is the panting I blogged about a few months ago.  Noah made this with his body.  There are a few places that you can tell what body part made them.  Some of the places he will be very embarrassed about when I show the girls he is dating.
IMG_5751 
IMG_5754


Duct Tape Photo Book

This is a photo book that I made out of duct tape.  I got a cheap book at Wal-Mart tore it apart and hot glued it in to a double sided duct tape page I made.  I sewed on some buttons and lace so it can be lassoed closed. 
I cut out pictures in the Ensign before tossing them and now they go into this book.

IMG_5761   IMG_5763IMG_5765

No comments:

Post a Comment